Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Rat Race and Why It Sucks!

“Profits are Better than Wages”
-- Jim Rohn, “Building Your Network Marketing Business”

Well, I finished my first night tonight as a delivery driver for Pizza Hut. I took on this job to provide insurance in the form of being able to cover my month-to-month expenses. I had been looking for a job I could do at night. I did that to help keep my daytimes free for spending more of my kids’ summer hours with them. I also wanted to use the daytime for doing more Group Marketing. Better yet, I will be able to listen to motivational and training stuff by the greats. People like Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins, Jeff Olson. Even better than that, I’ll be on the clock 

As far as how my first night went, at first I felt like I was selling out. Selling out on myself and my family. Here I am, trying to set the entrepreneurial example for my kids. I came to realize about halfway through my shift that it’s not that bad. There are aspects of working for other people in a “job” that I will NEVER enjoy, such as work schedules.
Overall, however, I remembered that every single experience we have in life is a potential nugget of learning. I remember when my good friend Mark Livingston told me that the definition of success is “being happy where you are, on the way to where you are going”.

I know you may be reading this and wondering if there is something better out there. Something better than the drudgery of the 9-5 rat race. Well, I am here to tell you that there IS a better way. And the better way I’ll tell you about isn’t found in any one specific method or technique. The better way is found in learning to think less like an employee, and more like a business owner. Over the next several articles I plan to tell you about the myriad ways there are to escape the financial rat race.

Due to the amount of information to be learned and known in the arena of financial freedom, I don’t currently believe that it’s possible for any one person to have mastery over it.

To remedy that situation, I am in the process of building a website that will be loaded with articles which will be submitted by different folks who are experts in their respective fields.

In the meantime, however, I will be posting a few articles about what I am currently mastering: Network Marketing.

I look forward to helping you out of the rat race!

Take Care of Yourself and Others!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home