Friday, April 21, 2006

Fish in a bucket

Well, hello.
How's everyone doing? Another great day in the making for me.
A few people have asked me how I'm "holding up" after losing my job. Well, frankly, I feel as if it's probably the best thing that's ever happened to me, motivation-wise.
Whereas before I was "in" the home-based business I'm working to build, now I'm pretty much doing it full-time whether I like it or not.
Whereas before I was "trying" to make money with it, now I'm REALLY doing my best to make this thing work for me.
I've come to find out from my mentors like Jeff Olson and John Addison that pretty much anything in life is doable if you approach it with the proper philosophies and beliefs.
I've been on a non-stop program of Personal Development and Personal Growth since getting involved in this business. In a bit, I'll list some of the materials I've read in the Personal Development arena.
For anyone who's reading this, and wondering, "what's this guy talking about?", Personal Development is simply the process of learning to expand your awareness to include finer distinctions regarding not only the field of study you're in, but of yourself.
The more distinctions you are able to derive and put into use about yourself, the more likely you will be to succeed in whatever task you are currently engaged.
Anyhow, without further ado, here is a short list of a few books I recommend grabbing up whenever and wherever you can:
Books:
1) Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill (took Mr. Hill 20 years to research and interview the 500 most successful people at that time, in the entire world)
2) The Slight Edge, by Jeff Olson (This is an absolute must for anyone looking to improve their lives. It is a must-read to accompany ANY sort of self-help program, diet, etc...)
3) Unlimited Power, by Anthony (Tony) Robbins (This books draws on the field of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, NLP, to teach you how to quickly and effectively replace negative destructive patterns of thought with better ones.)
4) The Power of Positive Thinking, by Norman Vincent Peale (This is an awesome book dealing with the creative power of thought. For you non-Christians out there, it tends to lean a bit toward that end of the spectrum, but it is worth reading to glean useful knowledge and techniques from.)
5) The Science of Mind, by Ernest Holmes (This is one of my personal favorite reads, as evidenced by the fact that I'm reading it all over again. Very insightful regarding the effect our thinking has on our lives)
6) Ask and It Is Given, by Jerry and Esther Hicks, (Very useful book full of processes/techniques that can be used to keep ourselves from being 'stuck' in any one emotional state.)
7) The One Minute Millionaire, by Mark Victor Hansen and Robert Allen, (This is basically a very good primer on the basics of making a fortune in the "Enlightened Millionaire" way)
8) The Power of Your Subsonscious Mind, by Dr. Joseph Murphy (This is the first book that got me onto the path of personal and spiritual development. DR. Murphy, at one time, studied with Ernest Holmes, see book#5 on this list.)
9) How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie

That's all I can remember off the top of my head for now. If I remember any doozies, I'll pass them on to you here.
Peace for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home