Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Freedom in Numbers...

Well, well...
Here I am again...Today's been cool.
Today's been awesome. Got my son's report card, and he made honor roll again. One of his grades went from an "E" to an "E-". He's in 1st grade, so an "E" is like an "A" I think.
Some of you may think I'm bragging on my son. Well, you would be correct :)
He was actually devastated today, when we were reviewing his report card. "Reviewing" it is something I do with my kids. I don't ask stuff like "What the heck happened here?". Instead, I ask "Do you know why you got that grade this time?"
I read somewhere that it keeps them more involved with the process of achieving goals.
Anyway, I assured him that there while it's perfectly acceptable and reasonable to want to do the best you can on an ongoing basis, he has nothing to be ashamed of.
He's my little man!
Well, while that was the best thing that happened to me today, there's more.
The company I mentioned in the last post has a division that markets the services to employee groups. Puts me in the position of an Employee Benefits consultant. I've been focusing my primary efforts doing that. Ultimately, it can allow me to help more people at once with our services.
More on how I'm doing with that as I keep with it for a few weeks.
On another note, I'm still learning as I go with this blogging stuff. My friend Steve, has been walking me through it as patiently as he can. He's got his own blog, for those of you who haven't seen it yet. It's definitely worth a read. Ultimately, I hope to get to the point where my writing here is on par with his.
That's it for now. Have a nice day/night, depending on where and when you are reading this from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home