Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My first entry


Well, my name is Bill Perry. I decided to do this thing because a lot of people are doing it and I wanted to experience it for myself. It's really ironic, I suppose, that I'm somewhat more of an introvert than an extrovert. So this should be an interesting experience either way.
A little about who I am and Where I've been.
I'm 30 years old as of this writing. In 1994, after (and I mean RIGHT after) graduating High School, I went into the Navy and into the life of a submariner. I did the Navy thing for a little over 11 years. Over that 11 years, I came to realize it wasn't for me. I guess the best way to say it is that I'm just not a "company man". My official end of duty date for the navy was September 2005.
For about a year as that date drew near, I was at a crossroads...
Do I reenlist and keep pushing forth in a job I could no longer tolerate, or do I follow my heart/intuition and look for something that's more in alignment with my philosophies and interests?
Well, this kinda leads into another backstory. In January of 2004, a friend of mine had just gotten involved with a company that markets a very valuable service that made sense to me now. He asked me to take a look at the business opportunity with him, so I watched a DVD. I liked the concept of what the services are that the company was selling. It took me a year or so, but I signed up as a member and associate/distributor.
Then...I never really did anything with it due to my hectic sea schedule for the first few months of 2005.
So, anyway, back to my question of whether or not to reenlist...
I didn't. I decided that I want to set the best example possible for my kids. I felt that if I tried to stick out the navy for another 9 years, I'd send them the message that it's best to give up on your dreams.
So, keeping that in mind, I got out when the time came, so hopefully I could instill a sense of entrepreneurial/independent spirit for my kids.
I worked for about 3 months in a local appliance store to help cover those month-to-month self-inflicted migraines called bills and expenses. I was fired from that job, because the owners felt as if I was putting my interest in the other company I'm working with ahead of my "main job".
Now, while I slowly try to come out of my shell and start making the business work, I am wondering what I'll do if it doesn't work out for me fast enough...
So, that's where I am now. More later on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buena Suerte en tu inicio!!

5:05 PM  
Blogger william said...

Thanks for that! Hope this turns out to be as cool as I am imagining it to be
:-)
Bill

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home